AquaDam Temporary Perimeter Flood Barrier
Properties that experience frequent flooding must prepare for unexpected weather events with flood control equipment. The AquaDam offers a temporary protective solution for public, commercial and residential properties. As a water-filled flood barrier, the AquaDam uses water on site to divert natural water flow from a protected property. Learn how AquaDam technology operates for flood protection.
How Do AquaDams Work as Flood Protection Barriers?
The AquaDam is made of two water-tight tubes made from polyethylene. These tubes are contained inside a woven outer sleeve made of polypropylene geotextile. With its integrated stability baffle forming the two tube chambers, the AquaDam can control up to 75% of its height in water depths and external mud when filled with water. Once installed, the AquaDam will not roll and will create a temporary barrier against flood.
Installing an AquaDam involves unrolling the cofferdam across the body of water where flood protection barriers are needed. After unrolling, the inner tubes must be pumped with the site water. This process contributes to most of the installation time. After filling, the AquaDam will successfully contribute to a flood control strategy.
The Benefits of AquaDam as Flood Control Equipment
Residents in commonly flooded areas face the growing cost of flood insurance and unpredictable weather event patterns. Implementing personal flood control equipment is a helpful strategy for protecting a home. AquaDams make excellent water-filled barriers for flooding because they are:
- Cost-effective: Traditional methods, like sandbag barriers, can lead to extensive costs. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recommends 78 sandbags per linear foot with 4 feet of water. With the price of sandbags averaging $4 to $6 dollars, the costs for complete flood protection can be immense. The AquaDam offers excellent water depth control for a fraction of the cost.
- Straightforward: The installation process for an AquaDam is straightforward and possible to achieve in a small time frame compared to sandbag barriers.
- Low-impact: Installing an AquaDam has minimal impact on the surrounding environment, and it conforms with the Clean Water Act.
- Versatile: With a range of discrete heights and lengths, the AquaDam can provide flood protection around various perimeters and through many water depths.
Considerations for AquaDam Flood Protection Barriers
Before using the AquaDam:
- Review the installation and removal process.
- Create a deployment path that is as flat as possible for effective results.
- Understand that seepage is still possible, and seepage control pumps may be necessary.
- Acknowledge that reuse of the AquaDam is not guaranteed.
- Consider multiple pumps to speed up the installation process.
- Note that fuel or electricity will be needed to power pump systems.
Order Water-Filled Flood Barriers Today
When you need temporary flood protection equipment, AquaDam offers an effective design for varying water depths and perimeters. Protect your home, business, power plant or other structure with an AquaDam with the appropriate specifications.
The AquaDam customer service team can answer any questions you may have about the product and ordering process. Call 1-800-682-9283 to speak with a representative, or use the online contact form to submit your inquiry.